I have a confession to make. I have never been to a dermatologist. I never felt the need to. I’ve never heard anyone I know going to a dermatologist and being cured without their affliction popping up again in the long run. Most of the time they prescribe some topical creams that serve as a quick fix by striping the skin/body of necessary vitamins, bacterias and nutrients. Me being someone who doesn’t take drugs or even use medicated skin care products, I’m not willing to waste my time at a derm office.
Many skin diseases/disorders as well as other health issues are just red flags our body is trying to send us regarding our internal health. I always recommend visiting your physician, allergist and/or nutritionist.
- Physicians can give you blood tests and let you know what vitamin deficiencies you have
- Allergists can let you know what allergies you might have that can be causing inflammation and irritation inside and outside the body.
- Nutritionists can aid you in creating a plan to intake whatever vitamins and nutrients you are lacking.
It’s really the perfect combination for wellness! Disorders like depression, fatigue, skin rashes, and blood related illnesses can all be treated with vitamins and supplements.
I currently take
- Niacin (key ingredient in Vitamin B) for skin and heart health as well as blood purification
- Multi strain Probiotics for digestive health
- Spirulina Powder for protein, Vitamin K, iron, magnesium, chromium
Check out this bomb ass chart below to help you figure out what vitamins and supplements you should be incorporating into your diet or taking in pill form to improve your health.